What is Nevada 511
Nevada 511 is a free travel and traffic service courtesy of the Nevada Department of Transportation (Nevada DOT). This free travel service provides travel updates, roadside assistance, traffic congestion information and more to the motoring public in the state of Nevada.
Do your cameras record?
No, our cameras do not record. Any video footage from these cameras is not available. The cameras are provided as a courtesy to the public, but are primarily used by NDOT for traffic monitoring
Where does the traffic and travel information come from?
Nevada 511 is located inside the Nevada Department of Transportation’s Transportation Management Center (TMC) and gathers its data and travel information from sensors and cameras installed along the roadways. Nevada DOT’s advanced traffic management system (ATMS) captures the data and sends it to Nevada 511’s system including the website, app, social media channels, and Nevada 511 operators.
How can I access Nevada 511?
Who do I speak to if I have a question or comments?
For any questions or comments, click on the "About" menu then click on "Contact Us". A page will pull up for you to fill out the required fields for your request.
How do I receive My 511 traffic notifications near my area?
Click “Sign Up” and fill out the required fields to receive My 511 traffic notifications. Once you create an account you have the option of creating notifications for your route(s) so you can be notified of any incidents affecting your commute.
Do you have to pay for any Nevada 511 services?
No, all Nevada 511 services including the app and roadside assistance are free courtesy of the Nevada DOT.
What are some key beneficial features of Nevada 511?
Motorists can use Nevada 511 for, but not limited to:
- Statewide traffic information
- Real-time speeds that allows the user to see current time flow of traffic
- Customized text or email travel notifications after creating a My 511 account
- Access to 550+ traffic cameras to view major road conditions
- Turn-by-turn navigation with ability to add multiple waypoints & view cameras
- Incident information
- Construction event information to see events ahead
- Lane closure updates and information
- Waze layer Integration
- Weather notifications and weather forecasts
- Rest areas, Welcome centers and Truck parking information
- My Cameras feature allows users to create a list of Nevada 511 traffic cameras for a personalized snapshot look at conditions along their route
- Dynamic message signs location
Does Nevada 511 have social media?
Yes, travelers can follow Nevada 511 on Twitter, @nevadadot.Regional Twitter Accounts
Las Vegas: @NevadaDOTVegas